Fresno Car Accident AttorneyCall Toll-Free800.358.9617
Fresno Car Injury Lawyer Fresno Auto Injury Firm Frequently Asked Questions Recent Victories Contact Us Free Injury Case Evaluation

What Causes Car Accidents

Fresno Car Accident Attorney

Car accidents have many different causes. Texting, driving drunk, speeding and even poor weather may all cause an accident to occur. When you work with a Fresno car accident attorney at our law firm, we will work with you to determine what caused your accident in order to handle your insurance claim and hold whatever individual or entity that caused the accident accountable for their actions. This is most often the other driver, but in some situations it may be the manufacturer of a defective auto part or perhaps the local government for poorly maintained or designed roadways.

Following are some common causes of car accidents in Fresno:

  • Speeding or racing
  • Reckless driving
  • Drunk driving (DUI)
  • Driving while distracted
  • Violating a traffic law
  • Defective auto parts
  • Heavy weather
  • Dangerous roads

Determining the Cause of Your Fresno Car Accident

Establishing what caused your car accident is important. Your Fresno car accident lawyer will need to determine exactly what led to the accident in order to successfully recover the financial compensation you may be entitled to. Because California injury law allows for both parties to be at fault, this may be an intricate process. For example, it may be found that you were 20% at fault in causing an auto accident because of some act of carelessness. However, the other driver was 80% at fault because he or she was speeding, driving drunk, etc. You would still be able to recover financial damages from the other driver, but you would only be able to receive 80% of the value of your case. As such, establishing the precise cause and laying the entire blame on the other party's shoulders is ideal.

Find out more about establishing cause in a Fresno car accident claim or lawsuit. Contact us today!

Car Accident Practice Areas
Car Accidents
Car Accident Causes
Car Accident Injuries
Car vs. Bicycle Accidents
Car vs. Bus Accidents
Car vs. Car Accidents
Car vs. Motorcycle Accidents
Car vs. Pedestrian Accidents
Car vs. Truck Accidents
Head-on Collisions
Rear-end Collisions
Side Collisions
Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer

HOW WE CAN HELP?